Who does not understand the danger of snowfall and ice in winter? The effect of this is well experienced by everyone and well known to all as well. Heavy snow accumulation can immobilize a city partially or fully depending upon the intensity. It is capable of putting lives in danger by stranding motorists, obstructing routes for the essential supplies and can disrupt emergency services too. Power and utility lines are also badly affected in those days. So, in times like that you need one trusted snow removal service on which you can rely for the best quality and time bound service.
It is of no surprise at all that after a big snow storm there is panic all over and you need to get back your driveway clean from all remnants of storm at the earliest to bring back normalcy to life. Here the key lays in the selection of a good snow removal service ad trust me the selection will be an absolutely easy affair if you have the right question to ask the potential contractor.
Let us see which questions that needs to have proper answer from the contractor;
- Experience: How long they have been in the business? This question certainly needs to be asked to know their experience and knowledge about the work and the industry as well. Also you must ask how many accounts of what size in terms of revenue they have been handling recently.
- Preparation: How they are prepared to meet with emergency during the winters? Do they have a pre season audit and previous year damage reports with them to plan and modify their operation in the year ahead?
- Professional association: Are they industry certified professionals or not is a very important thing to know? It is a great addition to the company profile if they are members in the local trade body as well.
- Are the workers and the equipments covered under valid insurance plan? You need to make sure that insurance is in place before engaging them in your property to avoid future troubles.
- Safety: Are the crew trained with the safety aspect of the operation and does they have proper license and permit to perform jobs like this?
- Backup in case of emergency: You must enquire about the strength of the crew and equipments to assess whether they will be able to cope with situations of emergency or not/
Also, you must search about their reputation and dealings with clients in past and take opinions from friends and family who either know the company or know a bit about the business.